Whitewash

Monday 11 July 2011

Low fun food

I am currently 4 days away from a two week holiday to Turkey. I'd had intentions of being in the best shape of my life for this trip because, well, because it's always good to have completely unrealistic ambitions. However upon my return from Cornwall (and in particular the Meadery *vomits in lap*) I realised that I was actually in the very worst shape of my life, post baby carnage aside.
So I made a decision to pull myself together. I've been sticking to 1200 calories a day, which is bloody hard when you are someone who can easily manage 3000 without blinking, but I've been using http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ which is fab for keeping track. I've also been walking partway to and from work, sometimes the whole way home. And I've had to knock my drinking on the head because I was consuming my entire daily calorie allowance in half an hour AND the following day I would go on a carb-frenzy.
I had a roaring success with my friday night dinner and thought I'd share the recipe in case any of you feel like pulling yourselves together. No offence.

Pizza Wraps

1 onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tin chopped tomatoes
9 mushrooms, sliced
1 red pepper, sliced
50g black olives, sliced
Tbsp capers
Splash balsamic vinegar
Tsp oregano
1 ball of half fat mozzarella
4 Discovery wholemeal tortillas

Fry the onion until softened
Add garlic, mushrooms, pepper and cook for a further 5 minutes
Add the tomatoes, olives, capers, vinegar and oregano and cook down until the sauce thickens
Divide mixture between the tortillas, add cheese to each and place under a hot grill until the cheese melts
Roll up and eat

Only 300ish cals per serving.

I promise I won't start banging on about calories all the time, I think I'm already boring my husband half to death. Friday sees the end of my abstemious phase and I will then enter extreme gluttony. Hopefully I'll be back with some amazing Turkish recipes and a cracking tan. Unfortunately I'll probably also be bringing my gut back.

1 comment: