Whitewash

Tuesday 14 June 2011

Weekly menu 13/06

Hello food friends. I have no idea whether this will be of interest to you, but I thought I'd include my weekly meal plans. I am the sort of complete and utter loser who enjoys reading other peoples food diaries/meal plans so why on earth shouldn't I share mine?

You will notice some meals cropping up over and over again. This is because they are either cheap, easy or delicious. In some cases all three, I will do my best to alert you to these beauties. So here goes.

Monday: Cauliflower soup with walnut bread (fyi, if you haven't tried yesterdays recipe it is really quite good)
Tuesday: Cod with asparagus salad
Wednesday: Rea and ricotta pasta
Thursday: Black bean and sweet potato chilli
Friday: WHO KNOWS!

We are off to a wedding down in Cornwall this weekend so I am hoping that friday night might find us enjoying some seafood in a coastal restaurant. Either that or feeding two starving, grumpy children in a Little Chef. Let's hope the traffic gods smile upon us.

I will post the recipe for my black bean chilli soon as it is a definite favourite, plus it is cheap and makes great leftovers to take to work. Pea and ricotta pasta is barely a recipe, you simply add peas, ricotta, lemon zest, chopped mint and a drizzle of olive oil to cooked pasta. It is worth a try though, I love it.

You might notice that there is an absence of meat. We are in NO way vegetarians, but we have taken to eating a lot less meat.  We attempted to do a vegetarian January this year, partly to save money and also as a weird endurance-type test of our self control. It was partially successful. Midway through the month husband decided that we could eat meat if it was free, so when he went out for working lunches, or we were invited for dinner we could eat what we wanted. He seemed to suddenly have a LOT of business lunches. Then as the month dragged on, and on, we decided that the leftover curry in the freezer, cooked on NYE was too good to avoid any longer. We ate it. So we didn't succeed, but we did adopt a lot of new recipes that we still use frequently, so it was worth trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment